Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

WPC Separator, difference between STOPPER and SEPARATOR

WPC Separator, difference between STOPPER and SEPARATOR

rbresca
    Established Member

Good evening,

I don't understand very well the difference between variuos WpcSeparationMode.

First of all, I don't know the difference between STOPPER and SEPARATOR. Then I'm able to fully understand the documentation (WpcSeparationMode ENUM).

The documentation speaks about "queries" of the sensors, but I don't really understand how the query the sensors.

This is a stupid question, so forgive me for that, but I'd like to ask it: Is there a way to let the separator work automatically, without having to implement a CommandHandler to issue the SEPARATE Command?

8 REPLIES 8

PKlein
    Established Member

Hallo,

this is not a stupid question. We also had the same problem with the WpcSeparation. And had a workshop together with the BCI. The BCI is working on that topic. Hopfully they will release the new version, soon.  At that the WpcSeparationMode will be not available, because the function was not clear.

rbresca
    Established Member

thank you for the feedback.

I hope to have news soon!

nexidator
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

First of all sorry for the late reply!

About the difference between stopper and separator: There is a mechanical difference between the two. A separator consists of two pins working together like a rocker. That way the timing is less relevant and it is always guaranteed exactly one carrier passes the separator when moving it back and forth once. A stopper is just one pin that allows any number of carriers to pass through while it is open.

About the documentation: Thanks for the hint. We will fix this translation error in a future version. "Query" should just be carrier detection (by the SAt/SOn sensor).

There is no way to let this object automatically handle the separation without starting any command. But there is an alternative approach: The objects belonging to the transfer system (i.e. the NexeedTrs... objects) are designed for automatic wpc handling based on standardized transfer node types.

Now about PKlein's answer: I am sorry I have to disappoint you, but there are no activities going on concerning this object. A colleague does remember there were some discussions about the object, but there has never been a commitment to start any development. This must be a misunderstanding. If you have any specific requirements, please contact the helpdesk.

rbresca
    Established Member

Thank you for your answer.

I have understood that I have to actively issue a SEPARATE command.

For that reason I have implemented the station in this way: I used a SpecialTransferNode as a command handler (SepHandler4 in the picture below) under the TransferGroupMaster and I put the Separaters under it.

Then, I used the SqC_Run chain of the special node to implement the code for the separators.

Cattura.PNG

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist