Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Possible improve or bug on Distribute ToChain property

Possible improve or bug on Distribute ToChain property

Despejo47
    Established Member

Hello all,

I'm developing a CmdHandler object, i need to have a internal elements as a library. On CPS my  library is an extension of my object and my object extends OpconCmdHandler.

For any reason in this CmdHandler the porperty distribute to chains is not available on unit. Why?  I though that there is no difference between types on ComdHnadler. Distribute to chain should be available on any CmdHnadler.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

nexidator
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

I am not sure if I understand your problem correctly, so first some words about the DistributeToChains property:

• The property is availabe in the Types tab at any child element of all project-specific FBs deriving from OpconUnit (also indirectly).
    • The property is never read from OOD/OSD files as it only affects project-specific SFC sequences, so the user should decide whether he wants to have references to the sub-struct.
    • With most objects (also the ones having InternalElements), the Unit FB is part of the library and not extended but only instantiated in the project. In this case, it is impossible to add the property. But in the same case, it is also impossible to create SFC chains, so the property wouldn't have any effect, anyway.

By the way, the DistributeToChains property is more or less obsolete since Control plus Studio 5.1: Since that version, all SFC sequences are automatically generated with a reference to the Unit FB (rUnit), so they can access all sub-structs of the unit without bothering about DistributeToChains.

In case this does not help you, I have some questions:

• Where exactly are you missing the property and what seems to be different to a normal CommandHandler?
    • What's the nodeType of your object in the OOD file?
    • Does your object generate a project-specific derivation for the unit FB?

Despejo47
    Established Member

Once more you are right. Nexidator nick is not coming for free.

• Where exactly are you missing the property and what seems to be different to a normal CommandHandler?

In the command Handler that is implemented on the CPS

• What's the nodeType of your object in the OOD file?

The was the fault baseType="OpconCmdHandler" is missing.

• Does your object generate a project-specific derivation for the unit FB?

Yes

Once baseType="OpconCmdHandler" of the base type is added right, the property can be selected.

Aniway we are using rUnit that is allways generated.

Thanks

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist