Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

How to hide some modules in HMI tree view

How to hide some modules in HMI tree view

AlexRodry
    Established Member

Hello everyone,

We have a big line where we are using Nexeed V2. Our line has a special configuration where we have 3 modules per station. Sometimes we have 1 HMI per module and in other situations we share one HMI per two modules like the following example (module 1 and 2 with one HMI, module 3 with other HMI).

ST70hmis.png

The topic is that our client has requested to hide 3rd module view in 1st and 2nd modules HMI and hide 1st & 2nd modules' views in 3rd module HMI, having something like the following view:

ST70hmis2.png

Which could be the best solution for that?

Because we have tried using visibility variables, disabling this checkBox (only works for some views, it doesn't hide the full module tree view):

ST70hmis3.png

Many thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

maj9bj
    Long-established Member

Varibale controlling visibility field does not work? I am not 100% sure, but I thini I used it in the past.

maj9bj_0-1638179188446.png

AlexRodry
    Established Member

Hello, 

Thanks for your answer but We have already tried that. 

With that parameterization it is possible to enable or disable the visibility in all panels, but we would like to separate it because in one panel should be hidden but in the other one not, and this cannot be done with this variable.

I would need this parameterization but in a module level:

ST70hmis3.png

nexidator
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

In the HMI settings, you can configure the focus of each HMI instance separately, meaning this will be the root node in the HMI tree:

nexidator_0-1638187402174.png

As it is only possible to select one root node for the HMI here, this requires a change to the topology, though. You would need to introduce an extra ModeForwarder combining Module 1 and 2. As far as I understand, you do not need an HMI instance that displays all three modules. Otherwise, the changed hierarchy would be unexpected, there.

nexidator_1-1638187673538.png

Another limitation of this approach is that you will not see the views configured at the Station level, anywhere. This means that you have to move them to Fu1and2 and/or to Fu3. For some views like the Ethercat diagnosis, it is impossible to duplicate them (You can only have one EtherCAT Master Add-on), so they will only be available at one of the two HMI panels.

Despejo47
    Established Member

Hello all,

I think that this is not the right solution, becose you will have "dummy panels" without information and diagnose and also you have to duplicate effort duplicating basic AddOns (Ddl, DataManagers).

The idea of my colleague coulbe a great solution for multimodule stations. Multimodule stations is something that teorically can be done easily but in practice you have to apply some creative ideas to succed. We find this very usefull to clarify viewing of machines.

We produce lots of this kind of stations to reduce the costs.

Thanks

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist