Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

System time synchronization for CX2020

System time synchronization for CX2020

maj9bj
    Long-established Member

I would like to know how to correctly synchronize system time at CX2020 PLC. If I set the time server in Windows time option and I press the update button the time is synchronized, but automatic synchronization after some time period does not work.

I also found time client settings instructions in OES help file, but there are two problems there. Mentioned batch files for start time client (SetTimeClientParam.bat, ReSyncTime.bat ) are not present at target system and if I manually configure w32tm service, it does not run after reboot.

In object browser I see Nexeed Time Client also exist, but I do not know if I can use it instead of Windows solution.

Update: I tried to install TimeClient Addon and it works fine.

So, the question is, how to correctly sync time for CX2020?

4 REPLIES 4

nexidator
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

As you have noticed, we support two different ways of time synchronization. You can choose which one suits your needs best.

The batch files mentioned in the time synchronization guideline are available as part of the bundle download (or on the BOSCH internal Nexeed network share) under ControlPlus\Common\TimeSynchronization\V1.0

maj9bj
    Long-established Member

Thank your for answer Matthias. From my point of view Time Client Addon is better option, because in case of HW failure (e.g. damaged CF card) I do not need to set the time client again. I only reflash card using service stick and deploy the project and time client works again as before.

nexidator
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

That's perfectly OK. The advantage of using the batch files would be that this approach does not require the Nexeed time server.

SteffenR-
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

There are actually three options:

1. TimeClientAddon
      • Requires PLC engineer and Nexeed Time Server (MES).
      • No additional configuration in Windows.
    2. Windows Time Synchronization
      • Independent of Nexeed
      • No feedback on PLC that time synchronization is working
      • Target system Windows must be configured (e.g. after exchange of defect PLC hardware)
    3. Cyclic Update (part of MES module LineControl; often also used to make backups of OpconData / DAT files)
      • No configuration on PLC side necessary. Registry and service is configured and started remotely by MES.
        Edit: Daylight saving time must be activated, that means after PLC hardware exchange without backup image this checkbox must be set in Windows again.
      • IP address may not change. In case of PLC hardware exchange, Cyclic Update service must probably be triggered again.
      • No feedback on PLC that Cyclic Update is working (you can check if the service "OpCon: Cyclic Update" is running in the Windows Services)
      • Old software, support in future not clear (technical/security limitations)
    Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist