Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Running Event recorder app on another pc,

Running Event recorder app on another pc,

Tardigrade
    Established Member

We are running the Event Recorder App V1.5.5, to visualise the event locally on a machine. Is there a possibility to run that app on another pc and connect to the machine? OES version V4.10c

7 REPLIES 7

nexidator
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

The EventRecorder Viewer is a standalone tool that can be installed on any Windows computer. It is available as part of the Control plus bundle under Common/EventViewer.

Usually, this tool allows to open a database file created by the EventRecorder service on the target system (either directly: *.sdf or exported through the app: *.oer) The sdf file can be downloaded from the target system by connecting to the OpconData$ network share.

It is also possible to connect the Viewer directly to the EventRecorder service on the target system if the network allows this. In this case you get live updates just like in the HMI on the target system. The Viewer is always connected to localhost by default, but the menu in the bottom right allows you to disconnect from localhost. Afterwards, you can provide the IP address or hostname of the computer running the EventRecorder service and connect to it.

Thanks for the info, Works like a charm!

The import via opcondata$ works good. But the connection via the network is not working, I checked the firewall  that allows an incomming connection on TCP 8000. Even with an ip adress in the same subnet i cannot get a connection.

nexidator
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

You are right, connecting to the station directly doesn't seem to work. It does work when starting the HMI on the development computer and connecting the app to the service on the target system, that's why I thought it must work with the EventViewer as well.

We will investigate the problem and get back to you. But as I understand, the file usecase is the one you really need, right?

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist