Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Rotary table object - Weiss

Rotary table object - Weiss

Hudson
    Established Member

Hello,

I have one applicaiton case, Weiss rotary + Rexroth driver/motor + External encoder, concept provided by Weiss. the question is that fieldbus interface is EhterCAT(COE) - Can over ethercat, I see our object configuration file xml(ESI) is EhtherCAT(SOE),.

1. I am not sure if the two protocal can be mixed used in one EtherCAT loop

2. if the external encoder usage as the position control, the 'Rotary table with driver' is working properly

thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Bianca
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello,

the EtherCAT bus will have no problem with the CoE fieldbus configuration on the IndraDrive. The BCI standard peripheral for the Rexroth servo drive controllers (NexeedEcRxIdMPD, etc.) on the other hand will not work with this setup.

I have seen this configuration before but in these cases the IndraDrive was not used as a standard servo drive but had an MLD project from Weiss running on the device which determined the PDO and bus configuration(for example Weiss W.A.S. 2). I assume you have this setup? In this case you have to integrate the device in your application without the BCI object (application specific code) or decide if you want to commission an object for the Weiss setup (contact Nexeed.Helpdesk@bosch.com).

SteffenR-
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

As of now there are these solutions:

No. Interface Peripheral Object
    1 Profibus DP via B&R controller from Weiss NexeedPdpWeissNcxxxTbb NexeedWeissRotTableDriveBeRa
    2 EtherCAT (SoE) via IndraDrive from Rexroth (not from Weiss; the mechanics can be from Weiss) NexeedEcRxIdMPB, NexeedEcRxIdMPC, etc. NexeedRotTableDrive, NexeedRotTableOpenLoop
    3 Digital IO from Weiss - NexeedWeissRotTableIo

Anything else must be solved in your application or a new peripheral/object is necessary.

Hudson
    Established Member

my indraDrive is from Weiss, in this way, if I can use NexeedRotTableDrive, NexeedRotTableOpenLoop? I mean re-configure the driver parameter according to the BCI object document and use the BCI xml to set the communication parameter(AT, MDT and use SoE), thank you

one more question: what are different between NexeedRotTableDrive and NexeedRotTableOpenLoop? NexeedRotTableDrive is used with external second encoder? like my application have two encoder. thank you

Hudson
    Established Member

Can I make the driver a empty frame diver, than use the BCI standard object concept to re-configure the indraDriver?

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist