Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

PublicInterfaceStatusAddon max no of possible opc ua addons

PublicInterfaceStatusAddon max no of possible opc ua addons

tommy3000
    Established Member

Hello together

I have a project with OPC UA MES connection. I want to use the public interface status addons to get diagnose in error state.
    Unfortunately I have more than 128 opc ua addons in my project.

After export I get error messages because the array idx is higher than maximum.

Is it possible to change the size of the array with an editable constant?

Thanks in advance

tommy3000_0-1658296864126.png

2 REPLIES 2

SteffenR-
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Changing the library constant PUBLIC_INTERFACE_STATUS_MAX_SHOWN_MEMBERS to a library parameter will not help you, because the array size is also defined in the OSD file of the add-on. The HMI only uses the definition of the OSD file independently of the value in the PLC.

I am wondering about performance issues in the HMI if we increase the array too much. How many add-ons do you have?

Maybe we can also find another solution:

1. Could you reduce the number of Public Interface add-ons if ProcessNo is a command parameter of the WorkProcess add-on?
      (WorkProcess.ParCmd.ProcessNo instead of WorkProcess.ParCfg.ProcessNo)
      I know that there are OPC UA projects that have many WorkProcess instances at the same location, but they need to report different process numbers to Nexeed MES. If the result structure is always the same and it is always the same location, just different process number, changing the process number would make more sense.
    2. Can you update to Control plus Studio 5.5?
      It will be released at end of July / begin of August. You could use a new feature that allows you to derive from objects/add-ons and change definitions like the array size in the OSD file.

tommy3000
    Established Member

Hello Steffen

Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately I cannot change to my WorkProcess addons. We defined a standard sequence in our line and I don't to change this, staying line compatible.
    Update to new CPS version will be done, so after that hopefully I can use PublicInterfaceStatus.

In my project I have 166 instances.

But DataSetAccess instances will be added as well.

Thanks

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist