Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

NokPartCounter with Multiple Instances

NokPartCounter with Multiple Instances

boezcan
    New Poster

Hello everyone. I have a question regarding usage of NokPartCounter with multiple instances. For example in a subtree. Let's assume that we have a station which has one outlet position and 2 working position derived from a subtree. We set up configuration parameters for each instances of the NokPartCounter, we call Count() method for bad parts inside the subtrees according to documentation but we only need to call Count() method of the NokPartCounter once, which is at the outlet position. My question is how does NokPartCounter handles with the reset of the configuration parameter values which are being used for automatic stop of the machine when limits are reached. Which instance of NokPartCounter should I use at the outlet position ? If I use only one of the instances ( NokPartCounter ) how it is going to effect for example parameter NokProcessSeries. 

Thank you in advance for the suggestions.

1 REPLY 1

SteffenR-
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator
    1. Only the NokPartCounter that has an error (and that triggers the mode stop) will reset the OK/NOK counters. For all other instances it looks like a common automatic stop which does not reset any counting.
    2. The NokPartCounter just looks on the process and does not care about the station output. But for each process the NokPartCounter needs to be called for OK and for NOK parts to detect if there are x NOK parts in series or if there are x NOK parts out of y OK parts.
    3. The station outlet without process is not relevant for the NokPartCounter, but it is relevant for the PartCounter to count the station output of OK parts.
      If you call the NokPartCounter with NokBits=0 AND Process=0 it will just forward the call to the PartCounter.
      I usually use the NokPartCounter call, but both is possible because these lines have the same effect:
      1. NokPartCounter.Count(NokBits:=0, TypeNo:=TypeNoCur, Process:=0, PartCycleTime:=TypeData.CycleTime);
        or
      2. PartCounter.Count(NokBits:=0, TypeNo:=TypeNoCur, Process:=X, PartCycleTime:=TypeData.CycleTime);
    4. In your case with subtrees:
      The easiest solution is one PartCounter with one NokPartCounter. Every work position has a different process number.
      If you have one PartCounter but two NokPartCounter (e.g. because both work positions have the same process number), you have to be careful about the counting at the station outlet. Either call the PartCounter directly or call only one NokPartCounter like above (and maybe add a comment that this is intended and the second NokPartCounter is not forgotten).
    Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist