Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Multiple process no in WorkProcessAddon

Multiple process no in WorkProcessAddon

tommy3000
    Established Member

Hello together

Is it possible, to use one WorkProcessAddon for multiple processes.

Is it possible to change the ParCfg.ProcessNo and will it be updated or do I have to disable and enbale the addon?

From MES application side, they told me this should be possible.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

SteffenR-
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Short answer:
    Currently you can not change the process number (ParCfg.ProcessNo) of a WorkProcess add-on at runtime.

Detailed answer:

The term "multi process" can have different meanings:

1. Usually it means that one process is executed several times with the same process number. This would be possible with the current add-ons.
    2. The WorkProcess add-on is designed to represent one process. Sometimes there are processes in a station that have the same result data. We explicitly don't want to have one WorkProcess add-on for several processes, just because the result data are identical.
    3. One physical process is executed several times with different MES process numbers, e.g. process number 111 for the first time of the cleaning process (afterwards the work piece sees further processes), then process number 222 for the second time of the cleaning process, etc. For this use case a change of the process number would be necessary on PLC side, but currently not possible. That means you need 2, 3 or more add-ons depending on the maximum number of the process cycles. This is not very smart and a PLC update would be necessary everytime a further cycle / process number is added on MES side.
      The official workaround for such limitations: Add your own ProcessNo variable to the output structure. The MES engineer then must use this process number (that can change in every command) instead of the default process number of the Public Interface profile.

From the fuel cell project there have already been other requests in the past to make the process number changeable in the PLC. Are you also part of this project?
    Then it makes sense to make a meeting to discuss the current process concept.

tommy3000
    Established Member

Thanks for the response

Yes it's a fuel cell project. The idea is to split one process in several process steps including the numbers. In the past this would be only one process, but this should now be splitted. The result would be always with the same structure but it will be written in parts after every process.

Can you tell me who had the same request? Maybe I can come in contact with them.

Thanks

SteffenR-
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

So your use case would be like case 2. Especially because you always have the full result data structure, but you set only the corresponding part of the result data. Without knowing the detailed situation, my first answer would be: In this case you should add an add-on for each process.

I've been in contact with MES team of BaP/MFT.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist