Developer Portal Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

CODESYS gateway driver missing (in TwinCat3 ?)

CODESYS gateway driver missing (in TwinCat3 ?)

RottG
    Established Member

Hello,

Recently I got new PLC projects to work with, and right after opening the solution up, the following error message shows up:

RottG_0-1698933915562.png

The strange thing is, that with some of the projects, re-unzipping and restarting the laptop solved the issue.

However I got stuck with 1 project, where nothing seems to work.

-installed additional remote managers to 100% match versions

-cleared twincat and codesys Appdata/Roaming cache

-installed device descriptions, reloaded all standards and tried exporting again

-installed Codesys gateway driver (however, it was never installed, and the other projects started to work without this)

What can be the problem? Where can I find this plugin cache to delete/update?

3 REPLIES 3

nexidator
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

That is really weird! Of course, TwinCAT and CoDeSys are related in many places, but the communication layer is not one of them. TwinCAT does not use the CoDeSys gateway. Do you have any explanation for a CODESYS message appearing in Visual Studio? Does this message also occur in the TwinCAT XAE Shell?

MartinT
    Occasional Visitor

Hello! I don't know if you still looking for a solution. I've got a similar issue earlier and in my case the problem was that Windows locked the program archive. You can check it by right clicking the file and select properties. In the window's bottom right corner there is a checkbox that says "Unblock file" or something similar depending on your OS. If you not unblock the original archive (.zip, .7z etc.) before decompressing, all of the unpacked files will inherit the property and you should unblock them one by one. If you did not made any modification on the original project, then it's easier to unblock first and unpack it again. Hope this helped.

RottG
    Established Member

Hi,

Somehow after some time and windows updates, the projects open up fine.

But thank you for the tip, if it comes up again, I will check it for sure, and mark your relpy as solution.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist