cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

MyModule shows errors when phone is not on line

MyModule shows errors when phone is not on line

bobvlas

When biking in an area without 4G coverage, MyModule hangs and after a while shows a message saying that a webpage on https://dev-modules.cobi.bike cannot be opened due to "net::ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED".

This is weird because the documentation on GitHub states that cobi.bike should be able to operate without internet access.

7 REPLIES 7

Hey Bob,

I totally see your point. In a way, what you describe is exactly what happens. However, we are not fully in control of how the LocalStorage is treated, as this is handled by the underlying browser. We have observed there are circumstances in which iOS or Android will clear the LocalStorage either because memory is needed or because the cached information has expired.

Unfortunately, this is the behaviour of the native system and as far as I know, it cannot be changed. I will double check with the team though.

Best regards,

You must be mistaken.

When onRide mode is activated the app must be aware of the module being present and active otherwise no messages would be sent to the module. At that time there is no need to reconnect the same module and thus there is no need to fetch the url. No localStorage involved eventually. Apart from that, localStorage is perfect as long as you treat it correctly.

I suppose you're either not able or unwilling to correct this issue. Which turns Bosch's claims on the internet false. I shall have to consider applying for a refund.

Regards,

Bob

Hello Bob,

I apologize because I am probably not explaining the functionality of the app clearly enough. However, I can assure it is as described in my previous message.

While checking our documentation on Github I stumbled upon the following statement in our FAQ: "Currently, the user needs to be online to render the module: COBI.js does not support an offline mode."

Best regards,

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist