Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Is this service gone?!

Is this service gone?!

markv
    New Poster

Hi,

Was cycling to work Monday, using my module, worked like a charm. Going back in the afternoon, my module shows some kind of "nginx error message". Yesterday (july 24th) I get a cobi.bike app update. Install it, and after starting the whole "my module" is gone!

I tried reverting back to the pervious version, but I keep getting a website error.

Has Bosch pulled the whole service? I was running all of my development locally, but it seems it is depending on something @ Bosch.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Regards,

Mark

6 REPLIES 6

bkaemmereit
    My module is also no longer available. The selection for a custom module has also disappeared.
    That is a great pity. I have put a lot of work into my module. But I can probably archive it now.

The original idea of bike manufacturers producing their own modules didn't catch on right from the start. There were also very few community modules.
    And since the takeover by Bosch, further development of the SDK has been completely discontinued.
    But to remove the functionality without information is somewhat reckless.

Unfortunately, it is very noticeable that Bosch is focusing on their own apps.

I was hoping they would at least make it possible to get the previous app version working. I can select my module there, but the webservers for the URL selection seem to be disabled (I was really suprised this was done externally instead of in the app).

Really unhappy, recently fixed that I could see my tire pressure sensors in a live view through my module during cycling... Will also miss control over my garage door opener and switching music apps on my phone...

I wouldn't have expected that either. The url for the custom module has to be persistent in the app anyway. Perhaps the authors wanted the config view to be independent to the app.
    The CSS kit was completely finished. Maybe for purposes like this sort of views.

I had created my own dashboard with Vue.js and always found the option for custom modules excellent.

Unfortunately, there was never any kind of marketplace to publish and add modules.

Trigger a dooropener is a great use case! I had similar plans in conjunction with HomeAssistant.

The Service is back!
    Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist