Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

HMI-Can't change the mode of operation

HMI-Can't change the mode of operation

Zhongxian

Hello, thanks for you reply.

i can't change the mode from mannual mode to other modes;

when i reset cold from twincat side, i can change from mannual mode to other mode once, but can't to change back, or to other mode. 

the value of Station.Unit.ModeRequest is corrent when i click any of modes,  but Station.Unit.ModeSet can't change to the mode i request.

2024-04-29_20h04_55.png

i also met a problem, that is my release conditions is ok, but all the buttons of the projects are not allowed to clik,no other mannual fucntion is running.

like the pictures below, i read plc code to oes, and export again, there is no effect.

2024-04-29_10h51_19.png

6 REPLIES 6

Thorsten_Brach
    Long-established Member

If the Mode-Change is "hanging" then I am sure, somewhere in your model-tree a cancel is still executing and does not come to an end...

And this could also be the reason, why you could not execute the manual function.

If the running Cancel is not the reason for your problem with the manual function - please check that your release condition is really true - only bool condition can be parsed and displayed in the HMI  - not that the HMI shows something wrong, because of a not boolean condition in the OnManRelease method. And please check the error messages  - not that the corresponding Unit/Extension is in error state... (in your screenshot there are 2 errors pending)

MarvinW
    Long-established Member

I also encounter the "hanging" mode change quite frequently recently. CANCEL is definitely the most likely candidate for the problem every time. You can check the StateOverview to see which unit is not READY.

Also, I think INIT may cause the problem, too. A unit may easily get stuck in this OpconExecState if you use SqX_Init and somehow the chain doesn't finish proberly. But this case needs confirmation from the Nexeed developers or somebody who knows for sure.

RottG
    Established Member

We encountered this issue several times on different kind of machines with various OES/Twincat versions. After a lot of searching and testing and tickets to the helpdesk, we couldn't find the rootcause in the PLC code, so it must be some kind of bug in the OES sourcecode, or something .NET related maybe. Every state hangs in NOT READY, and you cannot do anything in the HMI after one mode change.

Usually this happens, when someone with a differently configured laptop downloads the code, and later someone else tries to download again on it.

You can solve the issue 2 ways:

1. Change your Windows sorting setting to "technical". This is more like a prevention, and not 100% proven to solve this issue, but it can help in the future.

RottG_0-1714980082982.png

2. Get a totally different machine's project or empty project and do an "activate config". After the download is finished, a lot of errors will pop up (since nothing matches). Just ignore the errors and do another "activate config" with your original project. Also deploy HMI config and standards. Don't know why, but this is the only way that solved the problem.

Funny thing is, that even if you try to do "activate config" straight with the original project, it will not work. But if you active the config of a totally different project and then the original, it works.

By the way, there was already a topic about this, I started it a year ago:

https://community.developer.bosch.com/t5/Control-plus/HMI-state-freezing-after-download-V1/m-p/75914...

thanks for all of your replies.     the problems have solved, i  share it to you.    

that is one of my unit is not ready, but my station unit is ready, it stange.  i delete the unit , and add it again.  all the units are ready,   the mode can be changed,successfully.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist