Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

XDK stops sending sensor data with all LEDs lit up after some time

ping
    New Poster

XDK stops sending sensor data with all LEDs lit up after some time

Dear forum members

Good day. I have an XDK which was programmed to send all sensor data over USB continously. After some time (roughly three hours), the data sending stops and all the LEDs are lit up. 

Please let me know if you have encountered similar issues, and possible troubleshooting steps.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
    Mahalingam
    Occasional Contributor

Re: XDK stops sending sensor data with all LEDs lit up after some time

Hello ping

Can you please share xdk workbench console log so that it will be easy to find the reason for the issue?

ping
    New Poster

Hi

Thanks for the hint. I rerun a few times, and noticed that the XDK workbench seems to close by itself after running for some time (1-2 hours). After I turn on XDK workbench again, the XDK workbench console shows that the XDK was in application mode but has been switched to bootloader mode by XDK workbench. 

Given these symptoms, its hard for me to extract the XDK workbench console log when the issue happens. I have attached the file AppController.c. This is a modified version of the same file created when creating a C project using the XDK Application Template. If possible, please try to recreate my issue. 

Thanks for any help. 

🙂

Mahalingam
    Occasional Contributor

Hello ping

XDK workbench seems to close by itself after running for some time (1-2 hours) - It is limitation in XDK Workbench

When you are trying to print more data in xdk workbench for a longer period of time, then you may end up with "java heap space" issue.

Workbench may automatically close or you may get an pop up message in XDK workbench. I have attached screenshot for reference.

So if you want to print more data for a longer period of time, then I would recommend you to go for any serial port software such as H-Term or Teraterm.

If you keeping xdk device for a long run, then you can open and connect XDK port in the any serial port software.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist