Developer Portal Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Wifi reconnect using mita

Wifi reconnect using mita

The current setup I have require to have XDK with auto reconnection to WiFi since it is moving to connect the WiFi from another building to another building with same SSID.

In mita application, when wifi is disconnected, XDK will not try to reconnect it unless it is being restarted again. Is there anyway to implement this auto reconnection by editing some section of generated C? 

Tags (3)
    2 REPLIES 2
    Established Member

Re: Wifi reconnect using mita

Hello,

You can modify the WiFi generated code to introduce the reconnect logic. The file will be in the name of resource setup. For example, setup xdkWifi : WLAN, generated file will be in name ConnectivityWLANXdkWifi.c.

In which, You can check connection status in WlanConnectStatusCallback function WlanNetworkConnect_Status_T. In this callback function if connection status is WLANNWCT_STATUS_DISCONNECTED, then you can again reconnect with the WiFi network. Please refer SDK/XDK110/Common/source/Connectivity/WLAN.c WLAN_Reconnect function.

Highlighted

Re: Wifi reconnect using mita

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I tried like this, but it stuck at reconnecting...

INFO | DEV00-HRL: WiFi DC 
    INFO | DEV00-HRL: Checking for network availability and trying to connect again

It did print WiFi DC in serial console, This is my code section edited in ConnectivityWLANWireless.c

static void ConnectivityWLANWireless_WlanConnectStatusCallback(WlanNetworkConnect_Status_T connectStatus)
    {
    	BCDS_UNUSED(connectStatus);
    	(void) xSemaphoreGive(WlanEventSemaphore);
    	if (connectStatus == WLANNWCT_STATUS_DISCONNECTED)
    	{		
    		printf("WiFi DC \r\n");		
    		WLAN_Reconnect();
    	}
    }

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist