Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

MQTT with SNTP error message

Highlighted
    New Poster

MQTT with SNTP error message

Dear to all,

I enabled MQTT with security in example project  SendDataOverMQTT.

However, I tried several different public NTP server and when it's connected, it always gave the error as:

INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Connected to WPA network successfully
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: IP address of device 10.0.0.5
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Mask 255.255.255.0
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Gateway 10.0.0.1
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: DNS 10.0.0.1
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: WLANPersonalWPA2Connect : Connected to WPA network successfully.
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: SntpSentCallback : Success
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: SntpTimeCallback : received
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: HTTPRestClientSecurityCallback - CURRENT_TIME request
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: HTTPRestClientSecurityCallback - CRT_CA request
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: HTTPRestClientSecurityCallback - CRT_OWN_CERTIFICATE request
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: MqttEventHandler : Event - 2
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: MqttEventHandler : Event - 4
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Error in XDK110 Application package.
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Package ID: 153 Module ID: 36 Severity code: 2 Error code: 116
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Package ID: 153 Module ID: 36 Severity code: 2 Error code: 117
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Package ID: 153 Module ID: 36 Severity code: 2 Error code: 122
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Package ID: 153 Module ID: 36 Severity code: 2 Error code: 122

Here is one of my setting of the SNTP: 

#define SNTP_SERVER_URL "pool.ntp.org"

#define SNTP_SERVER_PORT UINT16_C(123)

Did I do something wrong?

Thank you for reaing.

4 REPLIES 4
    Highlighted

Re: MQTT with SNTP error message

Hello,

There isn't any issue with the SNTP timestamp, since you have received the timestamp per the print statement SntpTimeCallback : received.

Issue is with secured of MQTT communication. What mqtt broker (server) are you running ?  You will need to provide certificates to the MQTT broker for successful client-server communication.

Certificates required are,

1. Certificate authority ca.crt -> Convert this certificate to binary format and replace with content in ServerCA.h file
    2. server certificate server.crt
    3. server key server.key

Highlighted
    New Poster

Hallo  Padmapriya,

Thank you so much!

Highlighted
    New Poster

Hi @Padmapriya,

I downloaded the MitaXDKFirmware example from the Vorto site (https://vorto.eclipse.org/#/details/com.bosch.bcds:XDK:2.0.0) and configured everything to send data to the IoTSuite incl. provisioning in Things and so on.

If I run the app on my XDK, I always get the following error message:
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: [WARNING, C:/Users/XYZ/XDK-Workspace/EclipseMitaXDKFirmware/src-gen/base/ConnectivityMQTTBackend.c:185] MQTT_Enable : SNTP server time was not synchronized. Retrying...

The certificate is downloaded here: https://docs.bosch-iot-suite.com/hub/cert/iothub.crt
    And the certificatePath is correctly configured: "/SDK/xdk110/Common/certs/IoTHub/iothub.crt";

Can you please tell me, how I have to fix this problem? 

Highlighted
    New Poster

I managed to fix my problem, thanks anyways

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist