Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Hello World Example

Highlighted

Hello World Example

Hi all,

I am trying to create my first program on the XDK110 using the hello world full code example on the bosch website shown here https://developer.bosch.com/web/xdk/hello-world#5. When I copy and paste the code, it compiles and no errors show, however when I flash it to the XDK, hello world does not print to the console. I have attached a zip file for which 3 of the photos show my code and the other shows the console. The warning on line 40 states "'unused parameter pvParameters'.

If anyone could please help explain either why pvParameters is not being recognised or why "hello world" isn't printing to the console, I would appreciate it.

6 REPLIES 6
    Highlighted
    New Contributor

Re: Hello World Example

Hello Stallion

I have Copied the code from https://developer.bosch.com/web/xdk/hello-world#5 link and Pasted it in XdkApplicationTemplate in Workbench.

Compiled the code and Flashed the code into XDK device.

I am able to get "Hello World" print message in XDK Workbench console.

Please find the XDK Workbench Console output,

INFO | Flashing file 'C:/XDK-Workspace/XdkApplicationTemplate/debug/XdkApplicationTemplate.bin'...
    INFO | Application checksum '4994' successfully verified.
    INFO | Transmission successfully completed!
    INFO | Booting application...
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: b
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Jumping to application
    INFO | Port 'COM12' has been disconnected
    INFO | Connecting to XDK device 'XDK Device 1' in port 'COM12'...
    INFO | Connection to port 'COM12' established
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Hello world

Once the application flash successfully, XDK device will disconnect and connect again.

In picture 4 which you have shared shows, After flashing the application into XDK, Device got disconnected. But Device didn't connect again. thats the reason why you are not getting "Hello World" print message in XDK Workbench console.

Could you please check whether XDK Comport is being detected in XDK Workbench or in Device Manager?

Highlighted

Hi Mahalingam,

thankyou for your reply!

When I open device manager and then open ports (COM & LPT), I can indeed see that the XDK is connected to port 3. When flashing the project to the XDK, the XDK is no longer connected to port 3 when viewing from device manager. This is also apparent as all the lights on the device turn off including the charging light. Any idea on what may be causing this issue?

Highlighted
    New Contributor

Hello Stallion

Can you try to import any of template application(Example: XdkApplicationTemplate) from XDK Workbench Welcome page and  try to compile and flash the application into XDK?

Check whether you are facing same issue when you flash those application?

Highlighted

Hi Mahalingham,

I compiled the Xdkapplicationtemplate and flashed it do the Xdk. It appears communication to the com port was re-established. This is what the concole showed.

INFO | Creating Firmware Over the Air (FOTA) Container
    INFO | Binary File: C:\Users\mitch\XDK-Workspace\ComPortTest\debug\ComPortTest.bin
    INFO | Header Version: 0100
    INFO | Product Class: 0010
    INFO | Product Variant: 0000
    INFO | Firmware Version: 00000000
    INFO | Flashing file 'C:/Users/mitch/XDK-Workspace/ComPortTest/debug/ComPortTest.bin'...
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Ready
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: C
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: 
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: XMODEM Download Success
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: c
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: CRC of application area
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: CRC0000D0C6
    INFO | Application checksum 'd0c6' successfully verified.
    INFO | Transmission successfully completed!
    INFO | Booting application...
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Performing application CRC validation (this will take a couple of seconds)
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Jumping to application
    INFO | Port 'COM3' has been disconnected
    INFO | Connecting to XDK device 'XDK Device 1' in port 'COM3'...
    INFO | Connection to port 'COM3' established

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist