Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Error building project whilst using library "time.h"

Highlighted
    New Poster

Error building project whilst using library "time.h"

Hi everyone,

don't know if this is just down to me not perfectly understanding the code structure:

I try to detect time of a certain bit of code. Therefore i would like to use the Clock_T functions of the library "time.h".

I've included the library in the concerning .c-File. 

But anytime i use any function of this library, code itself doesn't throw an error but building project fails.

I suspect missing macros on xdk110/common/application.mk makefile but i didn't find any info on how to include the macro to the file.

As i can only include one screenshot, i decided to show the Error message:

2 REPLIES 2
    Highlighted
    New Poster

Re: Error building project whilst using library "time.h"

Hello tryout01_,

Since you have already mentioned that the code is compiling without any issues, let me assume that you would have already defined the _times function as per the hardware dependencies. If not, please consider the fact that the clock() will expect the  _times to make use of the system time operations to fetch the time details. After defining the _times, clean the project and build, if the problem still persists please attach the code for the _times definition from your end.

On the other hand, since you have mentioned that your intention is to explore the time taken for the execution of a code block, I would suggest you to explore the FreeRTOS APIs xTaskGetTickCount() or xTaskGetTickCountFromISR() for getting the tick count and convert the number of ticks to milliseconds using configTICK_RATE_HZ

Highlighted
    New Poster

Re: Error building project whilst using library "time.h"

Hi, 

thank you very much. xTaskGetTickCount() worked very well for me.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist