cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Content Assist only works for C-files, but not for MITA-files

Re: Hi, Re: Content Assist only works for C-files, but not for MITA-files

1.  content assist works for C files.
    2. the same is true for `ctrl+/` to comment / uncomment. It works in C but not in MITA
    3. I remember that some time ago, commenting /  uncommenting didn't work (see below). I didn't try content assist back then. But at some point this issue fixed itself (at least I don't know what changed), but now I am back to the situation where commenting and content assist doen't work for MITA
    4. regarding your questions
    • Does content assist is not working for all the MITA files or any specific MITA file?

>> all files, I created a new mita application and had the same problem

• Could you please create a new mita project and check whether content assist is working or not?

>> I created a new mita application, same problem here

• Could you please restart the xdk workbench and check whether content assist is working or not?

>> I have restarted several times, also the PC. Problem persists.

• Could you please create a new workspace and check whether content assist is working or not?

>> I created a new workspace and there I create a new MITA application. still conent assist and commenting with `ctrl+/` don't work

latest err log:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 4 2 2021-01-07 14:57:22.749
    !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.ui.workbench".
    !STACK 1
    org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Executable extension definition for "class" not found.
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.throwException(ConfigurationElement.java:65)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:225)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:63)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.lambda$0(WorkbenchPlugin.java:286)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:55)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:284)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EarlyStartupRunnable.run(EarlyStartupRunnable.java:55)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:45)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$40.run(Workbench.java:2719)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.registry 4 1 2021-01-07 14:57:22.751
    !MESSAGE Executable extension definition for "class" not found.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.registry 4 1 2021-01-07 14:57:22.751

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2021-01-07 14:57:22.758
    !MESSAGE Unable to execute early startup code for the org.eclipse.ui.IStartup extension contributed by the 'org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.libhover.devhelp' plug-in.
    !STACK 1
    org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Executable extension definition for "class" not found.
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.throwException(ConfigurationElement.java:65)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:225)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:63)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.lambda$0(WorkbenchPlugin.java:286)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:55)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:284)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EarlyStartupRunnable.run(EarlyStartupRunnable.java:55)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:45)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$40.run(Workbench.java:2719)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.registry 4 1 2021-01-07 14:57:22.759

Occasional Contributor

Hello JanGieseler

Checked in 4 different PC, I cannot reproduce content assist issue, so it is hard to tell what is going wrong.

In all the 4 PC, Content Assist in MITA code works.

Could you try to Uninstall the XDK Workbench and Freshly install the XDK Workbench and Check whether content assist is working properly or not?

If content assist doesn't work even after uninstalling xdk workbench, then please provide details for below queries, so that it will be easy to reproduce the issue and provide solution.

1. Which XDK Workbench version are you using?

2. Does XDK Workbench is installed in Windows or Linux PC?

3. Could you please share complete configuration details of XDK Workbench. You can get it from("About XDK Workbench" -> "Installation Details" -> "Configuration"). So that I can compare with my configuration file.

1. Which XDK Workbench version are you using?

XDK Workbench

Version : 3.7.0
    Build date : 2020-12-07T16:23:20Z
    Git Commit : before_generator_refactoring-1378-g1bcfc0bda

© Bosch Connected Devices and Solutions GmbH 2020

2. Does XDK Workbench is installed in Windows or Linux PC?

Windows

3. Could you please share complete configuration details of XDK Workbench. You can get it from("About XDK Workbench" -> "Installation Details" -> "Configuration"). So that I can compare with my configuration file.

see attached .pdf

Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

Hello JanGieseler

I checked with the  your configuration file. content assist is set true only.

I am using XDK Workbench 3.7.0 version in windows machine. For me content assist works for MITA file.

I entered  predefined function "every" and left space and pressed ctrl+space, it was showing tips

content_assist.png

I reinstalled the XDK workbench and started a new MiTA project. For the new .mita file it works. However, the old .mita project still has the same issue. So it's very weird, doesn't seem to be a problem with the IDE but with the project somehow...

Tags (1)
    Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist