Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

XDK: embedded machine learning

vincentalcouffe
    Occasional Visitor

XDK: embedded machine learning

Hi all,

I'm new to the XDK community. 

My vision is all about streaming analytics (instead of raw data) straight from the edge sensors' end-points. This does not mean a replacement of current edge (or rather cloud) analytics platforms, but instead a complement.

I'm on a mission to demystify AI/ML & Embedded Systems, and thus expand greatly  IoT embedded edge and sensor end-point development.

Wondering whether there are people in this forum trying to bring embedded Machine Learning (times series data feature extraction, and predictive modelling) straight into the ARM-based-MCU XDK-kit.

if so, I would very much like to chat with you folks and explore the challenges.

Use cases behind the door could be "industrial asset uptime" (predictive maintenance, condition based monitoring for pumps, motors etc) or "improve quality" (in a beer production line for example) 
    1 REPLY 1
    LlobetAtWork
    Long-established Member

Re: XDK: embedded machine learning

Hi vincentalcouffe,

There are already some AI demonstrators using the XDK like the one done by Reality AI (https://xdk.bosch-connectivity.com/en_GB/reality-ai). Besides that, we at Bosch and BCDS have already delivered products using the same software platform as the XDK which can run signal processing, feature extraction and sensor fusion algorithms.

The XDK SDK already provides some basics, including the ARM DSP library which may ease the development as it already provides algorithms like FFT-calculation and the basic statistical feature extraction algorithms.

Regards,

Francisco LL.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist