Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

XDK does not boot

Erichmo
    Established Member

XDK does not boot

Hello,

I flashed a file on my XDK Sensor. I did everything like I did it before but now it does not work anymore.

The file I flashed is the demo firmware of XDL 120 via XDK Workbench. Since I did that the Sensor does not boot.

In XDK Workbench this is shown:

INFO | Connection to port 'COM6' established
    INFO | Port 'COM6' has been disconnected
    INFO | Connecting to XDK device 'XDK Device 2' in port 'COM6'...
    INFO | Connecting to XDK device 'XDK Device 2' in port 'COM6'...

I guess the Sensor tries to boot but gets interrupted by something.

Is there anything I did wrong while flashing the files on the XDK?

I created a new project in which I copied the bin file and flashed this project on the XDK. I´m using Windows 10.

Thank you!

33 REPLIES 33
    LlobetAtWork
    Long-established Member

Re: XDK does not boot

Hi Erichmo,

• What version of the bootloader are you running?
    • What is the LED pattern (what LEDs are on or blinking)?
    • Did you prepare the SD Card to use the XDL120 firmware, as in the manual?
    • Are you able to flash and run other examples from the workbench?

Best regards,

Francisco

Tags (1)
    Erichmo
    Established Member

Hi Francisco,

I´m running Version 1.2.0 of the bootloader.

If the XDK is connected the red (1 of 4) and the yellow (3 of 4) is on until it disconnects. They turn off everytime the xdk diconnects.

Yes I did. There is the config file on the SD Card(WLAN is set false in the config file). It worked before very well but today i wanted to upgrade the XDk with the payed version of the XDL 120 datalogger. Now not even the trial works anymore.

I only tried to flash the test version of the XDL 120 (which worked before) and than tried to flash the payed version of XDL 120

Before going into the loop of connecting and disconnecting the workbench shows:

INFO | XDK DEVICE 2: Performing application CRC validation (this will take a couple of seconds)
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 2: Jumping to application

Best regards,

Erichmo

Mahalingam
    Occasional Contributor

Hello Erichmo,

Are you Drag and drop the correct binary for your bootloader version onto the XDK in the XDK Devices view?

Can you Flash 1.2.0 Bootloader First and then Drag and drop the correct binary for your bootloader version onto the XDK in the XDK Devices view?

Let me know if you are still facing the same issue.

Erichmo
    Established Member

Hello Mahalingam,

I do not drag and drop the binary. I created a new project and copied the binary into this project before I flashed it onto the XDK.

I got two binarys, XDL120_Rev1 and XDL120_Rev2. I tried to flash each of them but the issue still appears.

to flash the bootloader first is not possible I guess.  If I trie to there is a pop up window that says there have to be a binary.

So I´m still facing the same problem.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist