Developer Portal Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Trying to setup XDK config file

SWS

Trying to setup XDK config file

I'm following the tutorial on setting up cloud connectivity but am currently stuck at creating the config file. I am only able to input my IP addresses, SSID details, etc. Flashing the device as it is now turns up an error "Discovering devices". Sometimes the device might switch in and out of bootloader mode indefinitiely. Maybe it has something to do with the config file?

Can anyone explain what each of these values are and where to obtain them, please? Especially the first and last few entries shown in the attachment!

Tags (3)
    12 REPLIES 12
    Mahalingam
    Occasional Contributor

Re: Trying to setup XDK config file

Hello  SWS

If you keep "isstatic" as 0, it will be considered as DHCP. DHCP automatically assigns IP Address and gateway address. No need to provide ipaddr, gwaddr details.

If you are using enterprise wifi network setup, then you need to  keep "isenterprise" as 1. Provide Username along with ssid and password.

If you are using personal wif network setup, then you can keep "isenterprise" as 0 and provide only ssid and password. No need  to provide username

Note: Please don't remove any fields from config.json file.

After editing the config.json file as per your need, copy the config.json file and place it in sdcard.

Switch off the XDK device. keep the sdcard in XDK device.

Hold on Button-1 and Switch on the XDK device simualtaneously, Device will remain in bootloader mode.

Flash the application into XDK device.

I hope this information will help you.

If you still face any error, Please share me the complete XDK workbench console log.

SWS

Thank you for your reply. I modified the config file accordingly, now flashing the device still makes it jump in and out of bootloader mode. Sending you the console log. 

Mahalingam
    Occasional Contributor

Hello SWS

Could you please clean and build  "StreamSensorDataOverUsb" Template application in XDK Workbench welcome page inorder to make sure whether sensor data is being streamed over usb or not?

This is to confirm whether device jump in and out of bootloader mode only in BoschIoTSuite application or in other application as well.

Could you please confirm this to me?

SWS

Hello again Mahalingam, 

Data appears to be streaming over USB, the "jumping" issue does not occur with StreamSensorDataOverUSB.

Attached a screenshot of the console. 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist