Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Sending sensor data from XDK to an Adroid client over Wi-Fi

Salman_Shaukat
    New Poster

Sending sensor data from XDK to an Adroid client over Wi-Fi

Hi everyone,

I am trying to transmit XDK sensor data over Wi-Fi communication to an Android smartphone. Can anyone please let me know or guide me towards the right steps to achieve this. There is on example with UDP, however, due to its limitations, I cannot use UDP. 

P.S I have already implemented MQTT communication. Now I am trying for a different approach, mainly because MQTT requires an external server for the communication to work.

Best regards,

Salman

Tags (2)
    3 REPLIES 3
    Padmapriya
    Long-established Member

Re: Sending sensor data from XDK to an Adroid client over Wi-Fi

Hello,

May i know if your expectation is to visualize sensor data in smartphone ?

If yes, then you can consider using VirtualXdkDemo application from XDK workbench. This application comes with Android application to be downloaded from Play Store.

Salman_Shaukat
    New Poster

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am working on my own app to store sensor data and visualization is not important in my case.

Also, I would like to mention that currently, I am trying to send data over UDP to the app. However, the UDP server on the android device is configured on a Dynamic IP address, therefore, the IP address can change after some time. Is there any way to communicate the IP address of the UDP server (Android app) to the XDK device before UDP transmission?

Kind regards,

Salman

Padmapriya
    Long-established Member

Hello,

XDK can only act as client and not as server. So you can figure out a way to configure IP of the server static.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist