SOLVED

Only Environ Sensors in SendDataOverMQTT 3.6.1

Nicolas
    Established Member

Only Environ Sensors in SendDataOverMQTT 3.6.1

Hello,

I need your help please.

Workbench 3.6.1

In the example SendDataOverMQTT, i only see environmental sensors,(Temp, Humidity, Pressure) what about the remaining sensors?

can you help me add the remaining sensors, how to add them?

Thanks,

Nick

5 REPLIES 5
    Elektron
    Established Member

Re: Only Environmental Sensors

Hi Nicolas,

as this is a XDK related question you should ask this question in the XDK Forum "Technical Support".

There you should get a fest reply...

BR Michael

Nicolas
    Established Member

Re: Only Environmental Sensors

Isn't this under the XDK forum - Technical support?

Im confused - sorry about that, it seems there is more than one community forum?  Please provide a link where i shou d post my XDK questions.

Padmapriya
    Long-established Member

Re: Only Environ Sensors in SendDataOverMQTT 3.6.1

Hello Nicolas,

SendDataOverMQTT is a template application provided in XDK workbench which demonstrates sending environment sensor values to MQTT broker.

The application does not limit users, to use only environment sensors. There is already implementation in place, which initializes all internal sensors of XDK.Follow the steps mentioned below, to use other sensors as well,

• Enable sensor : You can enable necessary sensors by setting value of the structure SensorSetup variable Enable to true as below for required sensors,

static Sensor_Setup_T SensorSetup =
            {
                    .CmdProcessorHandle = NULL,
                    .Enable =
                            {
                                    .Accel = true,
                                    .Mag = true,
                                    .Gyro = true,
                                    .Humidity = true,
                                    .Temp = true,
                                    .Pressure = true,
                                    .Light = true,
                                    .Noise = false,
                            },​

• Configure sensor : You can configure the enabled sensors by configuring structure SensorSetup variable Config
    • Send sensor data over MQTT : Once enabled and configured the sensors, you can modify the MQTT data format publishDataFormat defined in AppControllerFire() to add other necessary sensors as well to your MQTT payload.

const char *publishDataFormat = "Environmental Data -\n"
                "\r\tHumidity : %ld\n"
                "\r\tPressure : %ld\n"
                "\r\tTemperature : %f\xf8\n";​

• Modify the length variable which composes string as per the specified format into publishBuffer.

int32_t length = snprintf((char *) publishBuffer, APP_MQTT_DATA_BUFFER_SIZE, publishDataFormat,
    					(long int) sensorValue.RH, (long int) sensorValue.Pressure,
    					(sensorValue.Temp /= 1000));

Nicolas
    Established Member

Re: Only Environ Sensors in SendDataOverMQTT 3.6.1

Thanks for the feedback, just question regarding the noise sensor, why you left it disabled? is it not working, how can you read it as well.

Thanks,

Nick

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist