Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

LoRaThingsNetworkDemo - LoRa Join Failed

stsmith1975
    New Poster

Re: LoRaThingsNetworkDemo - LoRa Join Failed

Hi Francisco,

Thank you for your response. I have added the 0x to the start of the APP_LORA_APP_EU I am using and the console is now confirming that I am "in the application server". However when I now log in to my  https://console.thethingsnetwork.org/ I am getting an nginx 502 bad gateway error. I guess this is an unrelated error and it should work ok once the TTN comes back online.

The development I am really trying to do with the XDK LoRa extension is to connect it to the Helium network. I raised a seperate forum question with an issue I was having connected to that also. If you are able to help I would very much appreciate a response on that question also.

Thanks and regards,

Stephen.

Stephen.

stsmith1975
    New Poster

Hi Francisco,

Unfortunately I am still not able to get data into the TTN console. The Bosch console is now back to saying "INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: AppControllerFire : LoRa Join Failed hence suspended the task..." even though I have "#define APP_LORA_APP_EUI      0x70B3D57ED0038EAB".

I notice that I have a warning in AppController.c on line 286 (retcode = LoRa_SendUnconfirmed(APP_LORA_PORT, &dataBuffer, bufferIndex);) which states "passing argument 2 of 'LoRa_SendUnconfirmed' from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]". There are also 3 warnings of Wdeprecated-declarations on Accel, Gyro and Mag.

I have tried to delete/recreate my device in the TTN console and also recreate the project from scratch in the XDK Workbench and nothing worked.

Could you advise whether the APP_LORA_APP_KEY in AppController.h needs to be copied from TTN in as msb or lsb. I have tried both and neither work.

Please advice how I can fix.

Best Regards,

Stephen.

LlobetAtWork
    Long-established Member

Hi Stephen,

I don't have currently a LoRa extension, however I will consult with the more experienced LoRa developers if they can help out. The compilation warnings you mention are not a big issue, since they affect just the way the compiler ensures that the types are correct, however the generated pointers/memory addresses are correct. 

One point to consider is the physical layer of LoRa. We have configured the LoRa module to be usable out-of -the box with the European parameters. Are you using this extension in another country or region?

Regards,

Francisco

stsmith1975
    New Poster

Hi,

Thanks again for your response. I can confim that I am using the device in Europe - UK to be precise.

Thanks for passing this on to the team that can assist with the LoRa extension. Can I also ask that they look at my other open ticket (https://community.developer.bosch.com/t5/Technical-Support/Compiling-Errors-when-trying-to-send-data...). It is this ticket that is more urgent for me as I am triyng to get my device connected to Helium for a live project.

Thanks again!

Stephen.

mkpraveen

Hi Stephen,

APP_LORA_APP_EUI has to be copied as it is (as msb) from the TTN, then make sure that you also configure APP_LORA_APP_KEY (copy as msb) which can be found in the same device page of TTN.

Next make sure your gateway is in connected status. This you can check in the Gateways tab of TTN. Also monitor the traffic of gateway where you can see all messages (lora join, uplink and downlink)

Please check and let me know

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist