cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

How to activate temperature offset in mita

Techiker88

How to activate temperature offset in mita

Hello,

I'm new on XDK and working on a project with some XDK and the data logger in Mita.
    I currently have some issues to integrate the temperature offset into BCDS_Enviromental.h.

In same environmental conditions, the measurings of the four XDK are from 1.5 up to 2 degree higher than real.
    Therefore i need to activate the temperature offset.
    It would be nice, if someone can give me an advice how to set the offset in the function Environmental_setTemperatureOffset(), or if there is an other (better?) solution for this topic.

I am not sure, at which point in BCDS_Enviromental.h I have to do the integration.
    Either the values do not change or there are errors when flashing.

Kind regards,

Philipp

2 REPLIES 2
    Padmapriya
    Long-established Member

Re: How to activate temperature offset in mita

Hello Philipp,

Glad to hear your interest in XDK Mita. As you can find from the xdk110.platform file of Mita, BME280 sensor setup does not support offset configuration.

This can be overcome in 2 ways,

1. As you explored, you can modify your Mita generated C code to use Environmental_setTemperatureOffset().
    2. Since you mentioned that your application is datalogger, i belive you log the sensor data in SD card or in WiFi. Once BME280 data are logged, you can apply offset calculation on each sensor value.
      1. Example your temperature value is 30deg, you can apply correction factor of 2deg over the logged value -> Output: 28deg

Since your primarly interest is datalogging, you are welcome to try Datalogger firmware, with sensor configuration file, sensor conversion script, offset script,etc..

Datalogger is released in IoT Marketplace, https://rb-iot-marketplace.bosch.com/boschiotcustomermarketplace/en/EUR/Industry-4-0/Data-Logger-Fir...

The Data Logger firmware has 2 versions,

1. Trial version : the software package is free and the sensor data can be logged for 30 minutes only
    2.  Full version : the software package is EUR 59.00 and the sensor data can be logged till 24 hours

Techiker88

Re: How to activate temperature offset in mita

Hello Padmapriya,

Thank you for your reply.
    You're right, I currently log the data in SD-card because of there is no wifi in the production plant.

Today, I've added the temperature offset in application.mita, where I simply added "+ offset" to logged temperature.
    This finally works, but the next problem is humidity, which depends on the measured temperature. Of course, the easiest way now is to add an offset for humidity, but this is not the best solution, I think. But at the moment, I can work with it.

I think, that was your first suggestion, wasn't it?

In addition a question about data logger firmware: Is it possible to make changes to the code?

Kind regards,

Philipp

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist