Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Fault connecting XDK110 to Bosch IoT Suite

Mahalingam
    Occasional Contributor

Re: Fault connecting XDK110 to Bosch IoT Suite

Hello rafal

I tried with your provisioning.json file. XDK was not able to establish communication with BOsch IoT Suite.

I was getting below error message in XDK Workbench console,

INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: SntpSentCallback : Success
     INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: SntpTimeCallback : received
     INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Connecting to Mqtt broker... 
     INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: MqttEventHandler : Event - 2
     INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: MqttEventHandler : Event - 4
     INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Error in XDK110 Application package.
     INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: 	Package ID: 153
     INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: 	Module ID: 49
     INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: 	Severity code: 2
     INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: 	Error code: 12
     INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Error in XDK110 Application package.
     INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: 	Package ID: 153
     INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: 	Module ID: 49
     INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: 	Severity code: 2
     INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: 	Error code: 137

The problem is in your provisioning.json file.

To Confirm that, I have created a new instance in Bosch IoT Suite Portal.

I have generated  new  provisioning.json file by following the procedure mentioned in Connect the Cross-Domain Development Kit (XDK) to the Bosch IoT Suite (bosch-iot-suite.com) documentation.

I kept newly generated provisioning.json file in the sdcard.

Switched ON the XDK device, XDK was able to establish the connection with Bosch IoT Suite successfully.

I Suspect You would have missed out anything in Connect the Cross-Domain Development Kit (XDK) to the Bosch IoT Suite (bosch-iot-suite.com) documentation, while generating provisioning.json file.

After clicking New Subscription, Did you Select "Bosch IoT Suite for Asset Communication" option?

In service plan, Did you choose "AWS Frankfurt"  region from "Free" plan?

Did you choose "default" option in "search index "?

Did you kept  default type  as "Stand-alone-device "?

Could you please share me the screenshot of Subscriptions - Bosch IoT Suite (bosch-iot-suite.com)?

rafal
    New Poster

Hi Mahalingam,

Look at screen. Additional I recorded video shows how i configure application. Can you see it and explain me what am I doing wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEzdBtLWPKM 

screen.png

Mahalingam
    Occasional Contributor

Hello rafal

I saw the recorded video. I didn't find any issue.

I have attached the provisioning.json which I used for testing.

Could you please test with provisioning.json and let me know whether XDK is able to communicate with Bosch IoT Suite or not?

rafal
    New Poster

Hi,

Thank You for file. It works - console returns logs:

Spoiler
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: crt content:444 . Setting up the SSL/TLS structure... ok success
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: ! mbedtls_x509_crt_parse Succeeded
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: SntpSentCallback : Success
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: SntpTimeCallback : received
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Connecting to Mqtt broker...
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: MqttEventHandler : Event - 0
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: ServalMqttAgent:SubscribeToTopic - Subscribing to topic: command///req/#, Qos: 1
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: MqttEventHandler : Event - 8
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: MqttEventHandler : Event - 15
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: MqttEventHandler : Event - 14
    INFO | XDK DEVICE 1: Connected to Mqtt broker successfully

Therefore I dont know whats wrong with my provisioning file.

Mahalingam
    Occasional Contributor

Hello rafal

I have found the exact reason why your XDK device was not to able to connect with BoschIoT suite.

When I saw your video multiple times to find what you are doing wrong. I found one thing. DeviceID or Instance or Namespace name was having more than 14 characters.

I have created a new subscription with DeviceID name, Instance name and  Namespace name more than 14 characters. I generated provisioning.json file and kept provisioning.json file in sdcard and Rebooted the device. XDK was not able to establish connection with BoschIoTSuite successfully.

"Instance" : "mahalingamxdkconnect"

"Namespace" : "mahalingamxdkconnect" 

"deviceId": "mahalingamxdk"

If the DeviceID or Instance or Namespace name has more than 14 characters, XDK device is not able to establish the connection with BoschIoTSuite.

Can you create a new subscription with DeviceID name, Instance name and  Namespace name with less than 14 characters and let me know whether your XDK is able to connect with BoschIoTSuite successfully?

I hope this will solve your problem.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist