Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Product Taxonomy API WebRequest with 401

Product Taxonomy API WebRequest with 401

kodyaz

Hello,

Thanks for providing these great APIs for developers and for building this developer community

I'm trying to consume the Product Taxonomy API and call for segments

Although I see it works without any problem in Try Out section, I could not make my web request work on my C# code

I'm using my email and password for Basic Authentication using ISO-8859-1 encoding as follows:

String uname = "myEmailAddress";
    String pwd = "myPassword";
    String encoded = System.Convert.ToBase64String(System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding("ISO-8859-1").GetBytes(uname + ":" + pwd));
    objWebRequest.Headers.Add("Authorization: Basic " + encoded);

But I always get 401 response from the server

Could you please help me for authorization issues?

5 REPLIES 5

ErginK
    Established Member

Hi kodyaz, 

Thank you for the feedback and for your question.

Since we have just started with our community we will be continuously learning from each other and build up a network with all like-minded people. Therefore, great to see you here 🙂

I will work on your question and get back to you soon!

Thank you ErginK, 

I'm waiting for your answer Smiley Happy

Addition to the username and password, I also provide the API Key in the header data as follows:

objWebRequest.Headers.Add("APIKey: myAPIKeyHere");

ErginK
    Established Member

Hi kodyaz, I am back 🙂

Did you see our Get Started page for this specific API?

https://developer.bosch.com/web/product-taxonomy/get-started

You will find information about authentication there.

Does this maybe help?

Thank you ErginK,

When I checked the page you have referred, though I have already read that page, I realized that I'm using wrong key name

Instead of using 

objWebRequest.Headers.Add("KeyId: myKeyId");

I used below which caused the problem I experienced

objWebRequest.Headers.Add("APIKey: myKey");

Teşekkürler,

Eralper

ErginK
    Established Member

Hi Eralper,

Thank you for sharing your solution. I am sure others will benefit from that too.

I am happy that it works for you.

Tesekkürler 🙂

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist