Developer Portal Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Home Connect setup does for Bosch Dishwasher Serie 6 does not work in an IPv6 only network

Home Connect setup does for Bosch Dishwasher Serie 6 does not work in an IPv6 only network

sgryphon
    Occasional Visitor

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to raise this, or if it can be passed on to the relevant Bosch developers.

I have been testing an IPv6 only network at home, running in parallel with my dual stack network. Although not common in Australia, I know some overseas ISPs have rolled out IPv6 only networks for customers, so it is important that devices will continue to work.

The Home Connect setup, for a Bosch Dishwasher Serie 6, does not work with IPv6 only network, even with DNS64 + NAT64 running.

* Phone can connect to the Dishwasher
    * Transfers WiFi network credentials
    * But then just times out with an error it can't connect

The WiFi credentials are stored on the dishwasher, so you need to go into the settings menu and do a factory reset to clear them and be able to start again.

The dishwasher does work on a dual stack network, and does get an IPv6 address.

It has SLAAC based on EUI64 addresses, with the first one displayed on screen (although it gets many). I can ping the addresses -- multiple prefixes, plus the link local. The global address I can ping from external networks.

So, it appears to at least partially support IPv6, but only when running in a dual stack network.

Note that the network is running DNS64+NAT64, so even if the Home Connect server is IPv4 only, the device can still connnect to it. The problem is either a hard coded IPv4 address, reliance on IPv4 only library code, or a code check that assumes IPv4.

2 REPLIES 2

pdo
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hello @sgryphon 

Thank you for mentioning this issue. I am unsure if the Home Connect team will follow the issue on this board.

Could you try posting the question to their direct contact below? thank you!

https://developer.home-connect.com/support/contact

fim1wa3
    New Poster

Hello @sgryphon,

we appreciate bringing the issue. There is no quick fix for that but we will create a bug ticket out of this report and will take care of that. I also encourage you to contact austrian customer service, they will gather more data and you will have opportunity to track the progress of the ticket.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist