Developer Portal Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Bosch Thermotechnology Device API support for integration with automation solutions

Bosch Thermotechnology Device API support for integration with automation solutions

dukicn
    Occasional Visitor

When will Bosch Thermotechnology Device API support open integration with automation solutions, like home assistant? Currently we only have access to tryout API and while we can access our devices, there is no way to reauthenticate and reissue a new bearer token which makes the integration impossible without using browser. I have multiple CT200 devices and it's application can use only a single device at the time. So to change anything accross multiple devices I need to logout and login multiple times which is really bad approach. Also, it states on your web site from 2018 that you plan to extend API usage and it would be nice to get na update.

Thanks

25 REPLIES 25

Also I think you 'Worcester / Bosch' should be clear across the board and remove the misinformation on the developer API website that states that the API will be extended in the future. I personally would not have bought the product if this was clear. 

Another here waiting / searching for a local API that not include connecting to any cloud (home assitant integration!)

pdo
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hello SirHavoc,

Not sure what devices you're interested in, but there is a local API for the Bosch Smart Home Controller, in case you hadn't seen, thanks!

https://github.com/BoschSmartHome/bosch-shc-api-docs/tree/master/postman

@pdo I would love to use the Bosch Thermotechnology Device API. When can I generate own Bearer tokens/properly authenticate?

In the current state the whole API doesn't make sense at all. 

pdo
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hello, the API is available for tryout of sandbox data. Let us know or post screenshots if it doesn't work for you.

https://developer.bosch.com/products-and-services/apis/bosch-thermotechnology-device-api/tryout

If you have business use cases you can let us know here, and we will try to help route the info, thanks:

https://developer.bosch.com/support/contact

alcohol
    Occasional Visitor

Yikes.. so nearly 4 years later, this is still in a "try-out" stage. I know development cycles at larger companies are slow, but this looks more like it has been abandoned entirely. I only got the EasyControl because it's supposed to work well with our Nefit heater. But right now it's just a glorified on/off controller on a schedule. Looks to me like if I want my CV to be part of my home automation setup, I have to start with replacing the thermostat with something that is actually "smart" and more tinker-friendly.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist