Developer Portal Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Bosch Thermotechnology Device API support for integration with automation solutions

Bosch Thermotechnology Device API support for integration with automation solutions

dukicn
    Occasional Visitor

When will Bosch Thermotechnology Device API support open integration with automation solutions, like home assistant? Currently we only have access to tryout API and while we can access our devices, there is no way to reauthenticate and reissue a new bearer token which makes the integration impossible without using browser. I have multiple CT200 devices and it's application can use only a single device at the time. So to change anything accross multiple devices I need to logout and login multiple times which is really bad approach. Also, it states on your web site from 2018 that you plan to extend API usage and it would be nice to get na update.

Thanks

25 REPLIES 25

pdo
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hello dukicn, thanks for reaching out,

Unfortunately there is no concrete plan to extend/expand this API service right now. However thank you very much for registering your interest, which shall be passed on. If anything changes in the future we'll be sure to communicate it here in the Community...

This is indeed a high desired request in the ecosystem of Home Assistant! And especially as I've heard from my plumber/installer yesterday that he couldn't get the Nefit Easy anymore which is available in Home Assistant. The CT200 isn't. 

Same for other Home Automation Systems (openHAB in my case). Without an API, it cannot be integrated properly and makes this being an IoT device kinda pointless. Really sad that there are currently no plans of extending the API further.

enricodhd
    Occasional Visitor

Please, open/realease the API or integrate the easycontrol CT200 with bosch smart home. If you dont propose options to integrate this product in a way or another people (me first) would me tempted to abandon the brand.

Another home automation user who is waiting for the API to be opened, even in a restricted way. 

A real let down and another example where other companies like Google will continue to thrive due to their openess and Worcester/Bosch will contiue to create  so call IOT smart devices, that only turn heating/hot water on and off.... dope.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist