Developer Portal Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Select parameters from Subtrees (enumerations)

Select parameters from Subtrees (enumerations)

Despejo47
    Established Member

Hello all,

I don't know if this is a bug or is something characteristic form CPS. It's happen on OES too.

I'm creating an object and create a parameter as a "ParameterValue". when you want to give a value, CPS gets all values from contatcs and enumerations that match with the type, that is Ok. The problem start when you select a value from that comes from a Subtree, then suddenly whe you press enter the value is missing.

As a Machine developera and object creator, this feature is necesary. Subtrees are par of the station.

Thanks and best regards

2 REPLIES 2

nexidator
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

I have looked into the problem, and the answer is: Part of the problem is a misbehavior, part is by design.

• Selecting elements of an enumeration or constant variables should be possible across the borders of subtrees. This does not work correctly. We will fix this in the next version.
    • Selecting subtree variables (not constants) from outside their own subtree does not work, because these variables appear as simple-type variables in CpStudio although they are exported as arrays. When referencing them in the main tree, you would need to specify an array index corresponding to a subtree instance. This is technically impossible because the selection control can only link to data elements existing in CpStudio.

Despejo47
    Established Member

Thanks for your quick answer.

We will wait eager newer version that solve the problem with enumerations.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist