Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Outdated NexeedEcTrumpfTruMark and its replacement

Outdated NexeedEcTrumpfTruMark and its replacement

maj9bj
    Long-established Member

We would like to use NexeedEcTrumpfTruMark + NexeedMarkingLaserTrumpf. Both object and peripheral are placed in _outdated folder. 

I do not understand the difference between outdated and obslete folders. Can I use this object and peripheral normally? I do not see any other (newer) version in standard folders.

2 REPLIES 2

nexidator
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

The obsolete folder contains objects that should not be used anymore. Usually the OOD files also contain the information which successor object should be used instead.

The outdated folder contains old versions of objects whose latest version is available in the "normal" repository.

The reason that the NexeedMarkingLaserTrumpf is only available in outdated is that it uses NexeedMarkingLaserBase in an outdated version. I.e., NexeedMarkingLaserBase V2 is located in the normal repository but NexeedMarkingLaserTrumpf needs V1.1 of this object, which is located in outdated. This is technically the reason why NexeedMarkinglaserTrumpf was also placed in outdated.

You can use the Trumpf laser object without any problems as long as you don't need the Panasonic laser (which uses the base object version 2.0) in the same project.

nexidator
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

I have discussed the matter with my colleagues. We will move the Trumpf laser objects and the required base object version V1.1 back to the normal repository. This means the normal repository will contain two versions of the base object, which was originally not intended. But I think this is the better solution.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist