Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Nexeed Control On Addon V2.0.2.0 Feature Request

Nexeed Control On Addon V2.0.2.0 Feature Request

WScottHicks
    Established Member

The Control On Addon has a Parameter to change the Control On Button Type from normally open (N.O.) to normally closed (N.C.)

Can a similar option be added for the Control Off button?  I would like to use this object with a Control Off Signal that is normally closed.

6 REPLIES 6

maj9bj
    Long-established Member

As a temorary hack you can create your own flag flag in OES, use it as object parameter and transfer original button state to this flag in Station.Unit.OnCall method in TwinCAT.

WScottHicks
    Established Member

I like the idea, but the ControlOn object requires a DigitalInput for the IsControlOffButtonPressed Parameter.  I don't think I can create a flag that OES would allow me to use as a digital input, but I'm ready to learn something new if it is possible.

I came up with this work around for now...

ParImm.UserEnableControlOn := NormallyClosedControlOffSignal; 

I could modify the object on my own, but I'm not sure if it's allowed, and I'd prefer to stay with the official version.  I'd actually be perfectly happy to make the changes myself and submit a diff, but I'm not sure if BCI is setup to handle code contributions from the community.

Please check the chapter "Creating IO Flags" in the CpStudio documentation. It describes how to create flags that can be used just like digital I/O. (The first sentence of the chapter doesn't make much sense, but the rest should be just what you need...)

That is exciting information.  I had no idea this functionality existed!

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist