Developer Portal Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Hot-plug Mpad is listed as trusted on IPC Security Manager but license is not working

Hot-plug Mpad is listed as trusted on IPC Security Manager but license is not working

florrens
    Established Member

I have a hot-plug Mpad which cannot be connected to several IPCs. The TwinCAT route works fine but the HMI license is causing problems. Every time the HMI on the Mpad starts up the Security Manager on the IPC pops up and asks to trust the Mpad. This works for the first try (or at least it seems so, the "valid from" time stamp says 2029, see attached fotos), but for the second try the Mpad is not trusted. What is interesting: both entries contain an old computer name of the Mpad. I re-installed the image (V10.15) on the Mpad which results in a new computer name, but in the Security Manager on the IPC the old name is still used even if I deleted the old entries before I re-connect the Mpad after the image installation. Before the image update on the Mpad I checked that the date/time setting was correct. A different hot-plug Mpad can connect properly to the affected IPCs.

The Mpad works but how can I get rid of the license error message on the Mpad?

Update: if I connect the "faulty" Mpad to a different IPC which is running well with a different hot-plug Mpad then I have the same issue there: the Security Manager on the IPC seems to trust the Mpad at the first try, however again with the same wrong date and also with the same old hostname. So it seems that the image update did not remove all old data on the Mpad

1 REPLY 1

nexidator
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

In the image updater software, there is an option to keep all licenses and certificates. This option is active by default. So you can either update the image again with this option deactivated, or alternatively, you delete the certificates on the mPad in C:\NexeedLocal\Certificates. Make sure the system time is correct and restart the mPad. New certificates with valid time stamps will be created automatically.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist