cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Hot connect modules

Hot connect modules

joaomrq

Hi,

We are developping a program using V1 where we have EtherCAT HotConnect modules that we need to connect and disconnect during runtime (hence the need for the HotConnect setting).

On Nexeed Peripherals, we are disabling the StateCheck for these modules so that we can disconnect without triggering an error. After connecting a HotConnect to the bus, we are performing a BusReset. However, we get a Peripherals state 'WAITCFGDATA' and none of the EtherCAT peripherals show as Ready, despite having the BusComm TRUE.

If we don't do a BusReset, all the modules of the HotConnect group stay in ERROR on FbpState.

What's the correct way to approach these HotConnect modules with Nexeed?

Thank you for you insights on this.

4 REPLIES 4

Cartman
    New Poster

I also had a hot connect project in the past. I did it in the same way; set the StateCheck to FALSE for each bus module which should be disconnected . And i put also the StateCheckLinkLost from previous bus device to FALSE (in my case an Ethercat-2-port-junction box...

Hi,

I will give it a try and report back if the behaviour improved.

Thank you

SteffenR-
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello all,

I tried disabling the StateCheck for the modules that I want to HotConnect and, in fact, I don't get Nexeed errors complaining when I disconnect the modules.

What happens now is that the modules stay in WAITCFGDATA state indefinitely. On these HotConnect groups I have analog beckhoff modules and motor drivers. I guess that these modules with CoE need to receive some type of information from the bus master and that Nexeed is reporting that, but these modules never leave the WAITCFGDATA state and the Ready flag never turns true, only the BusComm turns true as soon as I connect the EK1101 module.

I'm still doing some tests on this issue, and I'm currently calling the Reset on the EtherCAT master after I connect a new HotConnect and afterwards all the modules inside the HotConnect group stay on the WAITCFGDATA state.

PS: What I'm trying to achieve is different from what's shown on that topic of the guidelines. I'm trying to connect and disconnect tools from the machine during runtime. These tools have EtherCAT modules inside. I'm using a ChangeOver chain to perform these changes and whenever I call this chain, it will check which HotConnect groups are connected and link them to objects from the tree.

Any information on why the modules never leave the WAITCFGDATA state?

Thank you.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist