Developer Portal Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

HMI Html View - Missing DLL file (WebViewLoader2)

HMI Html View - Missing DLL file (WebViewLoader2)

veronika_sabo

Hi!

I'm using CPS 5.8 and I wanted to open a HMI view which contains an HtmlView. As soon as it loads, CPS shows an error (please see attachment) that I'm missing the WebViewLoader2.dll file. I've tried to reinstall CPS, also reinstalled Microsoft Edge, separately reinstalled Microsoft WebView 2. Also tried to install it with Evergreen, and additionally I got the dll file and copied under System32.

Nothing solved this issue, and my colleagues doesn't have this problem with the same settings and same project.

Could you please give me some advice?

Thank you in advance! 😊

9 REPLIES 9

RottG
    Established Member

I had similar issues with different kind of views. I simpy reinstalled the windows due another problem, and after that it was working.

Maybe reinstalling/updating the .NET framework and clean installing TwinCat can also solve this.

nexidator
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

This dll is located in Std\Hmi_V5_x\runtimes\win-x86\native. The message does not necessarily mean that the dll was not found but it also occurs if there was a problem while loading it, like a missing dependency. We have also experienced this error (or at least a similar one) when files had a zone identifier marking them as downloaded from an untrustworthy source. This happened e.g. when downloading the Std from a Sharepoint. See my answer in this thread: RuntimeApp error (bosch.com)

Thank you for your reply.

Thank you for your reply. Actually I have found the dll file in the folder you mentioned earlier. The strange thing is that one of my colleagues and me have downloaded the project from the same cloud storage, and it's working on his computer just fine.

I have read the thread you linked, and I haven't deployed this project to the machine yet.

(In addition, I don't know if this correlates or not, but I also cannot open the documentations(.chm) from the projects.)

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist