Developer Portal Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

How to install my module on my cobi app permanently?

How to install my module on my cobi app permanently?

jokjebi
    New Poster

Hi there, 

after finishing my first draft of my app with angular and cobi.js, I typed in my localhost:4200 address into the "My Module" Url field. It shows my application but only vertical not horizontal. 

My goal is to deploy my module offline/permanently on my cobi.app to test in with my real bike. Is there a process e.g. compiling it in a special way and using a special method to deploy it?

Best

Anton

1 REPLY 1

dfarache-ebike
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello jokjebi,

Thank you very much for your question. I have broken my answer down in 2 parts. Please see below:

It shows my application but only vertical not horizontal. 

That's correct. The COBI SDK distinguishes 2 different contexts:

1. Off-ride: the screen will be vertical. You should be in this context before and after the ride.
    2. On ride: the screen will be horizontal. You should be in this context during the ride when your smartphone is mounted on the handlebar.

You can detect the context by subscribing to COBI.parameters.context. Ideally, you can adjust the UI of your module to the context.

Is there a process e.g. compiling it in a special way and using a special method to deploy it?

I am afraid not. Currently, developer modules are loaded dynamically and therefore the code needs to be hosted somewhere and the app needs to have an active internet connection when fetching it.

I hope this answers your questions.

Best regards,

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist