Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Compatibility with external ANT+/BT/BLE sensors

pblancka
    Occasional Visitor

Compatibility with external ANT+/BT/BLE sensors

Hello everybody,

i quickly went through the documentation, but at this point the following isn't clear to me.

To what extent is it possible to display the data from external ANT+/BT/BLE sensors in the Cobi app, in addition to the HR/cadence/speed integration

(which works beautifully, I must say).

Just one practical example: tire air pressure sensors, such as SKS's Airspy --> is it possible to add a windows displaying pressure data, using a module me or someone else develops?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
    4 REPLIES 4
    dfarache-ebike
    Community Moderator

Re: Compatibility with external ANT+/BT/BLE sensors

Hello,

Thank you very much for your message and for the nice words! 

Currently it's not possible to add an external bluetooth sensor other than the speed/cadence/HR sensors you mentioned.

We will let you know if this changes in the future.

Best regards,

pblancka1
    New Poster

perhaps I made this sound too complicated.

All I mean is this: using for example a REST API, can I make a get request and display a datafield in a custom cobi module?

External sensor is already paired to phone, and has an app with associated API as well.

This literally should be a piece of cake, technically speaking.

Is this possible?

Thanks so much in advance!

dfarache-ebike
    Community Moderator

Hello,

Yes, what you are describing should be possible, provided that the smartphone has an active connection to the internet.

Regards,

thombrooks
    Occasional Visitor

Did this ever happen?

I got the airspy 2 pack and then added the SKS module in Cobi.bike app only to realize it was only the tire pressure calculator.

So, any advice on how to add this data to a custom layout would be much appreciated.
    Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist