Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

CoAP Server Example is not working

Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: CoAP Server Example is not working

Thanks Pedro,

I tried your code and had a similar result to you. I saw the comment from XDK group about the required CoAP client function call: CoapClient_request. Maybe you already used that call, but I was going to try this with a second XDK. However if that was already helpful, I will also just link the solution here. Thanks!

Highlighted

Hello pdo,

The function CoapClient_request, is for client implementation! How can I implement it on server side? I'm just getting compilation errors...

Did you try to use that function? It worked?

Thanks,

Pedro S.

Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi Pedro, yes,

I think that original advice was about using a certain function call in the client.

But I think it is now updated to reflect your question about the server. So now it's server code.

So I think you can look again, and try the suggested server code.

Then if it still doesn't work, maybe we can check the client again?

Thank you, let me know how it goes!

Highlighted

Hello pdo,
    I checked the function and the example code.

One of the problems is that the library "CoapServerApp.h" isn't available, I didn't find it anywhere and without that library the code obviously doesn't work.

I was trying to find the function in serval_coapserver.h library, but is not implemented there...
    Problem is still remaining.

Hope to ear from you. Thanks for the collaboration.

Regards,
    Pedro S.

Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Yes you're right, it doesn't immediately build, unless Priyashi clarifies how to access that library, I would recommend you again query about your original code, since that is the approach that was suggested from the documentation. Hopefully it is something simple and just a debugging issue.

I also will try to contact them by email and let you know if I hear more that way.

I wanted to make sure you saw this (below) example of how sometimes the networking can be a problem. This root cause is actually now solved in the documentation, and I know you pinged the server and checked it's on the same network, but just in case, you might want to post some more of that network/address returned info on xdk.io, just to check the idea.

https://xdk.bosch-connectivity.com/community/-/message_boards/message/192699

Thanks for your patience Pedro, I hope to learn more soon.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist